Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A cute interview with Sam and Grace for Shiver!

Hi!
I found this strange but cute and extremely interesting invented interview with Sam and Grace that a blogger made when Shiver came out with Maggie Stiefvater. Questions about the cure for Sam in Shiver (If you have read Linger, you know what is going to happen), Twilight, poetry and Linger.

The time and date are set and I arrive early so that I can get to my favorite spot towards the back of the shop. The sofa is worn in places but comfortably familiar and soon the aromas overwhelm my senses. My mouth waters and I barely have a chance to register all the smells when the door opens and a beautiful couple slowly entire the shop. I look up in breathless anticipation and soon am rewarded by a pair of yellow eyes meeting mine. I wave them over and soon we are all facing each other.
Introductions are made and soon we are seated. A waitress comes by and a carafe of coffee is ordered along with some truffles. YUMMY!! I am set.


RR Hello Sam. Hello Grace. How are you both doing today?
Grace: Fine, thanks. I'm always fine.
Sam: Spoilery.

RR I hope you both don't think I am crazy for wanting to interview you both, but I enjoyed your love story so much that I had to talk to you both and get a better understanding. How do you both feel about your story being out there for the world to read?

Sam: I never thought of our story as particularly epic. It's weird to think of people being interested in our struggles. It seems like such a personal thing, just the little details of our life together. And then -- winter.
Grace: It makes me wish I was more romantic. If people are reading about our love story, Sam is going to get all the good lines.

RR I feel that Maggie did a wonderful job at conveying your story it was poetic and heart squeezingly beautiful. Was there anything that she did not put into the novel that either of you want to tell me about now?

Sam: Cooking. A lot of cooking went on off-screen.
Grace: Oh, that's true. There's not really places to eat out at Mercy Falls. Plus, if you're dating a boy that turns into a wolf when the temperature drops, it makes traditional dates a bit difficult to plan.
Sam: I don't like eating out anyway.
Grace: Sam's a picky eater. It's kind of cute.
Sam: Grace is not. That's also cute.

RR Summer is ticking away. How does that make you both feel?

Sam: Do we need to talk about this?
Grace: We're finding a cure. We have time still.
Sam: Grace . . .
Grace: Sam doesn't think there's a cure, otherwise the others would've found it by now.
Sam: . . .
Grace: But that was before me. I was bitten, and I don't become a wolf. That has to be important. There has to be a way.

RR Have you made any plans for the future?

Grace: Math. I think I'm going to college for math. And Sam is going to go for his poetry thing.
Sam: I would rather think about the present. Right now. I mean, I'm not saying that Grace won't find a cure -- I don't think Grace ever fails at anything she really wants -- but if she doesn't, I want to make the most of what we have.
Grace: I told you . . .
Sam: I know. Grace, if I didn't have to change, if there weren't the wolves -- you know I'd be answering this question with words like "forever."

RR Grace, I have to ask, even though I think know the answer. EDWARD OR JACOB?

Sam: *snorts*
Grace: Sam, shut up. Stop laughing.
Sam: I'm not laughing. This is not me laughing. I'm just curious. Yes, Grace, who would you trade the boy who turns into a wolf for? The boy who just might kill you by accident when he's not drinking blood or the boy who also TURNS INTO A WOLF?
Grace: When you put it that way, I feel quite lucky. At least you're really human when you're human. Can I pass on this question? I mean, do I have to pick one?
Sam: Yes. Because I want to know.
Grace: Which is the one with a pulse?

RR Sam what is your favorite summer read and why?

Sam: I'm reading poetry by Mandelstam at the moment. He's quite brilliant. I don't like his poetry as well as Rilke, but it's got its moments.
Grace: I think she meant as in current summer reads.
Sam: Oh. Um. THE MAGICIANS. Is that current enough? I've just started it. It's weird and interesting and derivative.
Grace: I couldn't finish it. It wasn't very . . . logical.
Sam: Grace is not that book's intended audience. Pay no attention to her.

RR Maggie is writing another book named LINGER, what can we expect from that novel?

Grace: Um.
Sam: Spoilery, like I said.
Grace: Well, I can say a little, right? Isabel's in it. She's got a big part. And me and the wolves. . . I . . . no, I can't say anything about that. It's too --
Sam: I hate to think about you like that.
Grace: It'll be okay. I think. I hope.

As Sam begins to talk the waitress comes by with our order. Yeay!! Coffee, sweet nectar of the gods. The Carafe is set down with 3 mugs and all the fixings. Then she returns with a small tray with an assortment of truffles. We all smile, the coffee comes up to ensare us in its aroma. 
RR Who wants coffee? and chocolate?

Sam: I have possibly lost my appetite.
Grace: I'm always up for coffee. Eat something, Sam. LINGER doesn't come out until next fall. That's a long time.
Sam: Thanks for the chocolates, Nancy. This place is nice.
Grace: We'll have to come back here in FOREVER.


RR Ahhhhh!!! Young impossible love. I hope that it can survive the cold.
THANK YOU MAGGIE!! for letting Sam and Grace visit. I will treasure it always :)

1 comment:

  1. Aaaw!! That was sooo sweet!! Did Maggie do that? I don't really understand... Sam and Grace right on spot though <33

    ReplyDelete